Saturday, May 15, 2010

a perfect evening with Norah

Photo courtesy of  Tennessee: Tune In Music City


I had such a wonderful time with my mother. It was great even up to the part were she was antsy with me driving down town. That was a little bit nerve wracking but none the less wonderful. We left for the concert early and it's a good thing too. It pays getting to Nashville 3 hours early, with parking near, getting to your seat with out getting over people, and seeing the Ryman before it fills up with people. The Ryman is just beautiful and mom was telling me of a story from about 40yrs ago she went on a date there. That was the first time she was ever at the Ryman and this was her second time. Some boy from Washington state and his uncle owned a Philip 66 gas station near my mother's uncles house. She was staying there for the summer and he asked my great uncle if he could take her out. Well they went and at the time the Ryman was the Grand Ole Opry but of course she doesn't quite remember who she saw who the boys name. She just remembers how old the building was but now she enjoys the the character. 


So, yes, the opening act was not half bad either, her name is Sasha Dobson. I love her folk rock feel. It puts me in a trance. Both her and Norah put on a great performance. Oh, I wish I could go back but next time with a seat cushion. Those benches hurt my butt. 

Till next time. Tennessee Ren Fair tomorrow!


0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics