Saturday, May 22, 2010

Learning about the 50 designers

As I was walking into the library, my main goal was to print something off and be on my merry way. As I was heading to the computer lab the cover art of a book caught my eye. I haven't checked anything out from the public library in years and I figured I would see what this book was about when I was done printing.


After finishing up at the computer lab I went to the bookshelf and picked up the book. 50 Fashion Designers You Should Know by Simone Werle


It made me think that people like Nini Ricci, "Coco", Main Bocher, and along with other designers who have passed away no longer have their true ideas coming out. That thought went into my mind as I was flipping through, looking at all the lovely designers and their creations. Then I came across people like Martin Margiela and Alexander McQueen, asking myself "What the hell are these model's wearing?" I know the point is to grab peoples attention with these outrageous ideas of clothing and it has to be for show but really? 

My take on the fashion world differs from people who live in it. I think I'll just dip my toes in it and not venture to far down the rabbit whole. Most of the designers look like they've taken too many trips on acid and lost their minds on the sketch pad.

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics