Sunday, May 30, 2010

Behind the Times



I was thinking the other day if I had ever written an introduction post and I went threw my archive and did see anything! If I skipped over well then this will be a better post for myself!

My name is Karen Satterfield and I live in the geographic center of Tennessee. Which is also known as Murfreesboro. Little history lesson, it was the capital for 16 days before they realized Nashville would be an ideal place, hence the rivers. I'm 22 but soon to be 23 on June 9th. I have a dog named Darla and a cat named Picasso. My favorite painter's are Dali, Picasso, Monet, and Van Gogh and my favorite photographer's are Ansel Adams, Dorthea Lange, and the many from iN-PUBLiC. I'm more of a photographer then a painter but both are my great escapes from the world. I love how there is so much creativity around us and how it's a great resource for ideas.


I'm currently slowly making my way threw school, I feel like the tortoise of the Tortoise and the Hare when I hear the word college. I'm wanting to major in Photojournalism and work for some kind of newspaper. I have hopes to work at the local one, The Daily News Journal or maybe another kind of small town paper. Besides wanting to be a photojournalist I have dreams of opening up my on diner and creating my oh so amazing burgers and maybe even have my sister join in. Only a dream but still a tasty one.


I have a sweetawesomelovinghandsomeamazingkindhearted-boyfriend who I love so much. We have been together for 2 1/2 years and loving every minute of it. Our story of togetherness is an interesting on and when I tell people how we meet, well it's quite funny. We first meet in high school but didn't know each other till a few years ago. I love my Nathan.

As for fashion? I dress to my mood, how I feel that day, and what I really want to wear. Ever since I can remember I have been obsessed with the 20s through the 60s. They were just glamorous times in my opinion. However, my favorites are the 40s and 50s. With that my dream car's are a 1957 Bel Air, 1948 Buick Roadmaster, 1958 Plymouth Fury, and yeah a few others. I like my classics. Right now I'm cruising in a 1997 Thunderbird, she's a beast and get's me where I need to go.

Well, I think that'll do for now. I'm shy but chatty, sweet but sometimes a spit fire. Any other questions just give me a shout! Salut!


Sometime in high school 05

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics