Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Thought



Everyday, women like myself have to be reminded that 'we are gorgeous for who we are.' To stand tall and not have the media or other people put us down because we simply do not look right. That's how I have always felt. This world can be hard and cruel yet beauty is all over. Beauty is what you make of things. Beauty has endless meaning.




This is a painting I finished up sometime last year. It started in 2009 when I was trying to figure out what I had to become. Trying to found new ground and land right. However I'm still trying to find balance. This painting has too many meanings to name out but it is about me. The blue feet, I think anyone could guess, is cold feet. The paper is coals that are on fire. Those two symbols equal being uneasy with life. I have this painting by the front door to remind me to try and land on two feet while walking out to the world. The world is a cruel and a loving place.

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics