Friday, June 11, 2010

On the Road Update

Good Morning! I am in Rockwall, Texas, until the tires are balanced. Nathan is out finding a place that can help my moms poor car. We were 97 miles from Dallas when we hit some rough weather and the car started to feel different. Then we heard this strange noise that we though was from a tractor trailer. It turned out it wasn't and when we pulled over, the tire on the back right side was flat! Ack! So, we got the spare tire out, but could find the size tire iron. Turns out my mom has a "key" for her tire and if that key was not in there, well, we would be kind of lost. In short a State Trooper called a tow man and this nice gentle man came out changed our tire and only charged $20 dollars. He also had to call another man to get a four-way because the tire iron in my mom's care was the wrong size. Crazy. I did not take pictures of the flat but I did when we got a few miles to another town so we could go to Autozone.







This is the patch Nathan put on the tire. By the way, they work! So does the little thing that looks like a radio. It fills the tire with air in 8 1/2 mins!




He looks so hot working on a car. :)




However, when we got back on the interstate the car was wobbling, more like vibrating. More later, gotta get things together and check out.

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics