Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My home, our home

Welcome to part of our home. This isn't all of our small living space but I hope you like what you see. :)



I had this cat who loved to play with anything with the name paper and she had a fit with this lantern. It was a bit longer but the bottom was so tore up that I had to figure out what to do with it. I taped the bottom up and left it alone for about a year till I could figure out what to do with it. A few months ago i went to hobby lobby and bought these cool shells and string them on to the lantern. I had gotten the idea from the christmas project I did for Sabrina with the feather/ shell windchime.



This painting is the first one to be complete on large canvas. I have finished small ones but none this size and the ones I have yet to finish are still waiting. I was a bit sad to finish it because I had so much fun with it. I love how it turned out. It's a mix media painting. I used Gesso, Acrylic paints, and new paper with glue.




This is in the kind of kitchen area. I recently put the American flag up because it was laying on the tv. It belong to Nathans grandfather and I felt like it should hang again. The bass is mine, and the green lamp came from my aunts garage sell that never happened. The blue bucket has dog food in it for Darla and the clock was a steal from Essex ( $6 compared to $45 at Kohls). The Iron Maiden poster came from work and the Coors bar art came from a estate sell in town ( Birthday gift to Nathan, it's cheesy but I thought it was cool).







Ah, the livingroom, where we spend most of our time because we're poor. The lanterns starting from the left; blue one from mom, the green and red ones are from Pier 1. The wall hanging is from Renfest, a gift to Nathan. Lamp by the window is my mothers, it's really pretty, detail craving on the lamp and on the shade is dried roses from my moms yard.






This is the bathroom wall. The pictures are things I created 3yrs ago. The one with the lady was a finding myself. healing piece and the rayograph was done in high school in photography class. The frame came from Old Time Pottery when I worked there. There were three frames but the 3rd one was broken so I took the two.


There will be more, as soon as I finish clearing things out of the way. I doubt I'll show the bedroom because it's so bla right now. I can't make it all indian like the way I had my old room. Oh well!

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics