Sunday, June 21, 2009

all dreaded up& no where to go

For a few years I have played with the idea of getting dreads and I did do that for awhile. Course they were not real dreads, they were yarn dreads or hair falls. I have learned that there are groups of girls and guys who come up with rules to doing dreads or kanekalon dreads. KK's are fake hair locks (like the barbie kind) and you back comb 30 to 150 of them. There are different kinds:



I, however, plan on using both single and double ended dreads. Online they are expensive to purchase but the fact that they are already to install are just wonderful but since I'm broke and can not afford the 180-230 dollar dreads i shall just drive to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy the pack of hair, rubber bands, and back comb the heck out of them.

I researched different ways to seal the locks in like above and one girl was a big help- zlyoga on youtube. She also has some pretty random videos on there that i like to watch. Some exciting stuff. Anyway.

I'm not going to post pictures of them, my dreads, just yet. I just wanted to leak out that I, Karen, will have FAKE dreads sometime by the end of this month. i have one more pack left and two braids open to finish. Some exciting stuff. I'm just bored with my hair, so instead of cutting it, I'm getting long dreads.

Who know's i might just become so good at it that I'll sale them for cheap, like $60-80. We'll see.

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics