Thursday, October 1, 2009

London

Happy October!

There is just something about getting out and enjoying the vibes of a thrift store and knowing that most of the things you buy are going to something wonderful, and its also considered going green. Just found that out from a nice lady yesterday. My favorite places to go are Phase II, All Things Possible Bargain Center, Outreach Thrift, and Goodwill in Smyrna. On that note I found this amazing coat, London Fog. I thought it was funny because I had just watched an episode of Mad Men.

London Fog Jacket, All Things Possible Bargain Center

Sadly I only have $8 in my bank account and this jacket is I believe $24 (it is also too tight if you couldn't tell but still!). If you are in the Middle Tennessee/ Murfreesboro area the Bargain Center gives a 10% discount for MTSU student's when you show them your student idea. Also, this reminds me, the store I work at [Hot Topic] gives anyone who is, was, or children and spouse's in the Service 10% discounts (with proper idea). You can also receive a 15% off card, anyone can with a purchases of $10 or more. Fill up with ten stamps and recieve the discount with your next purchase. I love handing them to people, feel the savings.


In my craft corner, which is really on the couch and living room area I'm crocheting this...







Its weird looking! That's what I get for doing this at odd hours of the night. I don't have enough of the two different kinds of yarn. I picked up a bag of yarn at a yard sale for $3 dollars, it was really meant for my mom but she didn't really want them. So... I got crafty with yarn again. I wanted to make a scarf but this isn't happening so I got the idea to make this;

Picture belongs to blog Backyard Academy

Look Eric Singer!

I've also started another project, a small painting for a friend. I did the "first 5 to comment, receives a free gift" on my Facebook. Anyway, I'm going to enjoy the sun!

---edit----

I forgot to mention! I went to Plato's Closet to try to sell a few tops that I have. Three fashion tops and a few novelty T's. A sold a Forever 21 spring strapless top for $3. That's about what I paid for it on clearance. I have two vintage like novelty T's that I thought were going to be bought be the girl said they looked too used. Oh well, I'm still going to try and sell them though. I'm going to start going threw my closet at my moms of things I haven't worn since high school. See if I can sell them or something.

0 Comments:

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
Web Analytics